Saturday, July 4, 2009

Freedom

Tonight I sang with the Brenham Children's Chorus and the Brenham Sacred Chorus for a 4th of July event. At first I wasn't really looking forward to it because we were going to have to ride on school buses and we were going to be singing outside in the heat. I was thinking of how I was going to make it through it since i'm not even that patriotic to begin with. The 4th of July shouldn't just be about fireworks and singing patriotic songs but we should remember the real reason for our freedom in this world. We have been made free because Jesus died on the cross for us and I don't think enough people take the time to truly reflect on that on the 4th of July. When I thought of the real reason for our freedom it really put me in awe of what the Lord has done for us and it made singing patriotic songs out in the heat a lot more bearable and I actually kind of had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment