Saturday, August 29, 2009

ups and downs

Last weekend I moved back to San Marcos and I was so happy to be back with all my friends. Things could not have been better. Then last night my very good friend came over and we just talked about everything. It was so awesome! But when she left I had this empty feeling inside and I just wanted to cry. I don't really know why I felt that way but I did. Then today we had a picnic with my campus ministry and I still felt kind of empty, I even felt a little bit down. I then realized that I felt that way because I didn't feel as much of a christian as my friend. I know that it's not true but thats just how I felt. After the picnic I was talking to my friend online and she told me something that has stuck with me for the rest of the day. She said that peole's walks with Christ are all different and people come from different backgrounds. I am just at a different part of my walk with Christ than she is but that does not mean that i'm less of a christian. one day I might be at the point where she is but right now i'm not but i'm still just as much of a christian as she is. I am happy with what God is doing in my life and I know that he is not finished with me yet. God puts people in your livess so he can speak through them to us and I feel very blessed to have have friends like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment