Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A fun week in DC

So this past week I went with the Children's Chorus of San Antonio to Washington DC. At first I wasn't really looking forward to it because I am an alum and i'm so much older than them. I only knew 2 people in the choir before going on the trip so I thought I would be spending most of my time with the chaperones. When the trip got started my 2 friends actually talked with me and wanted to sit with me on the bus. I was thinking they would rather hang out with their friends in the choir. I knew after sitting with them on the bus that things weren't going to be so bad. I actually got to know some of the people in the choir and I became closer with the friends I already knew. It was really a lot of fun and I actually felt like part of the group. I became especially close with one of my friends and I feel like we are sisters. I have known her for a long time but on this trip we really became closer than ever. We really connected in a way that I haven't connected with anybody in a long time. I love her so much and i'm so glad that we were able to spend time together. We went to a lot of places while we were there and saw most of the major sites that are in DC. It was really neat to see the sites. This week was great and I miss everyone from the trip. This was the highlight of my summer and it was nice to get away for a while. I laughed so much on the trip and it was awesome. I had a blast!

1 comment: